- A study in 2006 found acupuncture to reduce delivery time in at-term-women by an average of 21 hours.
- Acupuncture can also provide pain relief during labour.
- Acupressure is just as helpful and requires no needles. This is a great way for Dad/birth partner to get involved in the process
- The most common points used to speed up delivery of bub are Spleen 6, Gall Bladder 21, Large Intestine 4, Bladder 31 & 32 (ps don’t use before 37weeks)
- Acupuncture during labour has been shown to reduce the need for epidurals, and surgical interventions such as c-section or episiotomy.
If you, or someone you know, would like to learn how to apply these techniques by a registered acupuncturist, call us today on 02 9672 6892.