BMI and Back Pain
BMI and Back Pain: Is there a connection?
RESEARCH CONFIRMS A NEW LINK BETWEEN WEIGHT AND BACK PAIN
May 2013: The University of Florida’s paper “Body Mass Index (BMI) and musculo-skeletal pain: is there a connection?” showed that those with higher BMI had a greater chance of back pain. They demonstrated that a high BMI (as found with obese individuals) causes inflammation that can harm the back.
Chiropractic can help with excess inflammation to relieve back pain. Here is why:
1. GOOD ALIGNMENT REDUCES INFLAMMATION—joints with bad alignment rub on adjacent bones creating inflammation.
2. GOOD ALIGNMENT REDUCES SWELLING—joints that are aligned in the cen-tre have less potential to create swelling.
3. GOOD ALIGNMENT HELPS THE NERVOUS SYSTEM—a healthy nervous system is vital for whole body health and wellness.
KEEP UP YOUR CHIROPRACTIC ALIGNMENTS TO HELP YOUR HEALTH AND:
– exercise to achieve healthy BMI
– avoid processed foods
– avoid sugar and soft drinks
– avoid alcohol, fatty foods, and other calorie dense items
– drink 2.1L fluid for women
– drink 2.6L fluid for men
FOR YOUR CHIROPRACTIC ALIGNMENT, FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT BMI AND BACK PAIN, OR IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH EXERCISE TO LOSE WEIGHT CALL US ON 9672 6892. WE ARE HERE TO HELP.
Click here to find out about our Doctors: Chiropractor Norwest
Click here to find out about chiropractic: Chiropractic Norwest
Click here to find out about massage: Massage Norwest
Click here to find out about acupuncture: Acupuncture Norwest